Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Handover today - 8th March, Week 59





So this is it .. 401 days after putting down land deposit,and exactly 150 days after they started construction, handover was set at 9am this morning!


I arrived 15 minutes earlier and the site supervisor also just arrived! Good timing. And this is in fact the first I've met him. All previous correspondence was done via phone, email or text. Apparently he's being promoted to an office manager position looking after some 8 site supervisors. Congratulations to him for his promotion, and congratulations to me for getting my new home!

I've also asked an independent inspector (Howard Ryan) to come along since I am no expert on this anyway. Other people have given him quite good feedback. I am keen to see what he'll find out and he's promised to send me his report tonight.

There are only a few minor issues found:
  • An extra GPO in family room is still missing. There was already an electrician coming this morning to do final electrical check. So he added the GPO too in a few minutes.
  • The flyscreen for master bedroom missing too.
  • Privacy lock missing.
  • Wardrobe sliding doors will be fitted on Thursday.
  • And Howard found a few spots that need to be touched up here and there
All in all nothing seems to be of great concern. Apparently my site supervisor is leaving for holiday for a week tomorrow. In order to give the house to me he set the handover to be today and the traides can still finish the rest of minor items throughout the rest of the week. That works for me because I can start doing my part straightaway.

The important things in the next few days are to get the floors done, blinds fitted, furniture delivered and phone connected. Landscape will also start tomorrow but that is going to take up to 2 weeks.

Added: What was also done today:

  • Mattress delivered
  • tiles in living area started


No comments:

Post a Comment