Monday, January 24, 2011

Almost there ...

Got a call from tiling company asking me to make a payment today as they are about to start tiling T - H - I - S week! Remember it was only last week they rang me and told me I should have done the tile selection some 3 months ago but somehow the builder forgot to tell me to do that! So in terms of progress it turns out still okay.

The downside is that I was left without too much time to shop around for the tile installation and it looks like the quickest way is to go with the tile company the builder is using - but deal with them directly rather than going through builder.

Being builder's preferred tiler, they can install living area tiles (which are not part of the contract with builder) at the same time as they do the wet area (which is part of the contract.) That's the advantage going with them but I may (will, I think) end up paying a bit more. Oh well it's so close to the end so maybe it's not worth it dragging longer for not too much money!

If other people's experience is anything to go by, after tiling is done, it's probably another 3 -  4 weeks before you will have the PCI and hopefully the keys soon after! So the end is really in sight now!

4 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I LOVE your layout and finishes. We are looking at something very similar but still working out our budget. Just wondering if you were open to sharing your building contract price and inclusions?

    Congrats on your new build btw :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks! Happy to share some of the experience! If you leave your contact details I'll get in touch with you! Cheers,

      Delete
    2. Actually if you configure your profile properly I will be able to send you a private message that can only be seen by you! Good luck!

      Delete
    3. http://gr33ndata.blogspot.com.au/2006/07/private-message-to-blogger.html

      Delete